Why come work with us?
We are proud of our independence, our super friendly team and supportive community. Team members regularly organise outside work activities together. That’s not something that happens overnight and it has taken us a long time to build such a great team. We have some RVNs and reception who have been here for almost 20 years and plenty crossing the 10 year mark. We train our nurses in house wherever possible and 3 of our RVNs trained with us; with another internal SVN in training and our next potential SVN lined up.
This reflects what we’re looking for in a candidate – when we hear about a potential applicant the first question is always ‘are they nice’ – we want friendly, confident and relaxed people who are keen to work with the team.
Our most recent team event was ziplining on the world’s fastest seated zip line which recently opened nearby. Unfortunately COVID put team events on hold but just prior to this we had also been Cocktail Making, Escape Rooms and Gorge Walking as work outings.
We’re always keen to be improving and team meetings frequently result in real and immediate change to things like the diary, working practices and staff levels. Being indpendent lets us be quicker and more responsive to changes – no need to answer to innumerable levels of management.
Why do we need more team members?
We are continually investing in facilities and the team and coming up on £1million total invested in buildings, facilities and people over the past 6 years alone. This is creating a great base for expansion – some people are moving to more specialised roles and we are keen to resume growing the business now COVID is in the rear view mirror.
Like everyone else right now, let’s be honest – we’re busy. But we don’t like it this way – you’re not ‘revenue generating units’ and our best times from business and team perspective have been when there’s been LESS work and more time for every staff member to do their job better. That’s why we’re here – we’re hoping you can help us unlock our flow and join us in that flow.
We’re flexible and we have a rota focused on work/life balance
- Standard rota is 38 hrs/wk over 4 days – fixed day off
- No OOH, no saturday/weekend working.
- Flexible and part time working positions available and encouraged – we have one vet on a half rota (2 days/wk) and nurses on a wide variety of patterns.
- We pay RCVS, VDS, BVA, BSAVA fees and have a generous CPD allowance which is flexible and unfixed but we usually say circa £3k/yr is no problem at all to hit
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to be part of our friendly growing team with a great work/life balance and opportunities to grow and develop into a key part of our practice
- Support for funded certificates/qualifications for your career progression.
- Salary range from 45k (2yr graduated) to 75k (10+ years small animal experience), plus joining bonus
What’s our location like?
Commutable from bright and vibrant Cardiff quite easily (several of our team live in Cardiff), with the Brecon Beacons close to the North and easy access to beaches to the South. The M4 is 5 minutes away and trains can have you in London from Cardiff in 2.5 hours. We think it’s an amazing place to live and a hidden gem.
Take it from others:
Have a look some testimonials from locums and leavers about working with us and some of our facilities.
If you’re interested in a chat, drop us a line at email@example.com